Saturday 13 June 2015

Annabelle's Wigs Hair Piece Challenge - 3/4 wig

I was sent this 3/4 hair piece a couple of months ago by Annabelle's Wigs to show it styled in 3 different ways. For those of you who don't know what a 3/4 hair piece is, let me try to explain!  It kind of looks like a full wig but you clip it on to the back of your hair using with these:



It looks like this when you first put it on:



You then you blend your own hair over the top to disguise the joins. I found the easiest way to do this way with a quiff at the front of my hair that I pinned into place to hide the clips. This is definitely one for big volume styles! I had the Rachel style 3/4 hair piece in colour 24H613 - this is synthetic hair so you can't use heat on it but it holds its shape just fine.

I have to admit that when I first put this on it felt and looked quite 'wiggy' - there was a lot of hair and it looked a bit fancy dress-ish. However, once I had smoothed it down and styled it into place a bit I was actually really pleased with it and have gone from feeling like I'd never wear it out of the house to thinking I might pop this in for my hen party next week.  I think this must be the type of hair piece I often see some of the girls from TOWIE and Geordie Shore as their hair often looks like this! When I visited Pro Hair Live last year, I saw loads of girls trying and buying this type of hair pieces.

Here's a little before and after of my hair below - my hair is looking a bit sorry for itself still after my experiments with Khaleesi-style platinum hair last year...never again! These photos are taken less than 10 minutes apart, it's so easy to put in and blend:


It's a really glam look and can be styled in a few different ways, I've done a quiff, some boho plaits and a ponytail below - I tried doing one big plait too but I felt like there was a bit too much hair for that!

I was really pleased with this 3/4 hair piece in the end despite my initial reservations and as I said I think I will wear this at the weekend for my hen party. Woohoo! It feels pretty secure but I think I'll probably avoid whipping my hair back and forth too much...

Check out the 3/4 hair pieces at Annabelle's Wigs here.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! It really adds volume on hair making it look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Susie - was definitely pleasantly surprised :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lucy for the tips. I like the way you style your wig.
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really congratulate the writer for creating such an impressive blog. Thank you for your valuable discussion on this great topic.
    Hair Extensions Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...