Saturday 29 June 2013

Topshop Highlighter in Crescent Moon Review

Lately I've been lusting over highlighters, I've really fallen in love with the fresh dewy look of highlighted cheeks for summer. Usually I use a Smashbox loose highlighter but it's pretty gold toned/slightly glittery and because it's loose it's easy to go OTT on application. I wanted more of a pink highlighter (thinking along the lines of Benefit Moonbeam) as I'm not tanned at all so gold highlighter feels a bit blingy for in the day.  I've added various Nars blushers that have a highlighter already in them to my want list, though I haven't actually swatched them in person though so I haven't purchased any (yet).

I was browsing in Topshop when the highlighters caught my eye, I've seen good reviews of them before so I had a little swatch session and came away with Crescent Moon, a pale powder with metallic pink overtones. It's definitely on the shimmery side rather than sparkle which keeps it a bit more appropriate for the day - the fact it's a compact rather than loose makes it a bit less messy to use and less easy to be heavy handed with. I love the packaging too though it would be better with a mirror in the compact but maybe I'm being a bit greedy for a tenner!


Overall this is a lovely highlighter that gives a subtle colour which would flatter the majority of skintones, especially the paler end of the scale. Topshop also do this in Sunbeam too which is more of a gold colour that would look amazing on tanned skin.  It's buildable and you can either keep it really subtle or layer it for a more noticeable look.  You can even use it on your body too.  Yet another Topshop Make-Up item that's thoroughly impressed me!

Topshop Make-Up is available here - Crescent Moon isn't currently in stock on the site, I picked mine up in store.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this highlighter it's one of my favourites. I also love the blushers from the Body Shop that have a highlighter attached to them, definitely worth checking out if you like the Topshop ones

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to have a look, I never think to go to the Body Shop so haven't seen their make up for quite a while. Thanks for the recommendation x

      Delete
  2. Whilst in Topshop recently I was umming and ahhing over buying this highlighter but went with a blush instead. However, I will be back there to buy this highlighter! xo

    Hannah xo | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much hype around this product! My favourite highlighter is the Kevin Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candle light. Its a gorgeous champagne highlight that suits my pale skin perfectly. It is a bit pricey though... xx

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...