Thursday 20 June 2013

Illamasqua Hydra Veil Review


I've recently rediscovered Estee Lauder Double Wear which I love for its high coverage and long lasting finish.  Unfortunately I find that as my skin tends to be on the dry side, it can start to look a bit patchy as the day goes on.  Separately I'd also heard people raving about Illamasqua Hydra Veil, a rehydrating gel make up base, kind of like a cross between a moisturiser and a primer.  I tend to only use primer if I'm going on a night out or if I want a bit of extra something. 

I'd had my eye on it for a while but it was out of stock in a few places plus I wanted to try it at a counter before I bought it.  I'd planned to head to one of the Illamasqua Beauty School Drop In events but didn't manage to make it.  A real shame as they did sessions on smoky eyes and creating the perfect base - two areas I want to get better at!  Nevertheless, it finally came back into stock and I had a 20% off code for Illamasqua so I just went for it.  Their delivery is always really quick (ordered on 11th and it came on 13th) and free in the UK!

The packaging is typically Illasmasqua and is functional as well as sleek looking.  It also comes with it's own little spoon (and holder) so you're not dipping your brush or finger in it and contaminating the product.  It's a clear gel gel consistency.

On application this feels cooling and hydrating, it's also absorbed into the skin really quickly too (or is that just my dry skin?) - I think this would feel gorgeous on the skin on a really hot day. It's really easy to apply and definitely adds some extra moisture into your skin. You also don't need to use a lot each time so though it's expensive it does work out as good value.   The amount on my hand pictured above is way too much.

However, for me personally I didn't really feel like it added anything to my skin that I wouldn't get from foundation alone.  I think I prefer more of a silicone feeling primer, whether that's better for my skin is another story, with a bit of a glow in it.  It is a lovely, luxurious product and I think if you're really into make up and trying new looks then this will work for you.  I think it must be me as I've yet to read a negative review of this product.

I don't think I'd repurchase this and to be honest I probably will blog sale this some time soon!  I still love Illamasqua as a brand, and I want to try their Skin Base foundation still, but I just don't think this is a product for me.You can find Hydra Veil on the Illamasqua website for £27 for 30ml.

1 comment:

  1. This product seemed to offer so much promise i think its probably not for me from what you have said . Thanks for sharing.

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...