Thursday 7 February 2013

Jumping on the bandwagon - Rimmel Apocalips in Nova

As I've gotten older and wiser (ahem), I've learned not to jump all over the latest trend or "must have" product regardless of whether I think it'll suit me or I'll use it. But every now and again I do succumb, and this is one of those times.


I hadn't even seen this in a shop never mind swatched it or tried it out but from seeing them featured on loads of blogs, I wanted to!  I was putting in a Superdrug* order anyway (free delivery until 14th February* and 6.5% cashback through Quidco* - unfortunately you can't use your NUS card online, though you can in store, or I'd have used that too!) so I popped Apocalips in Nova into my basket too, roughly guessing at the kind of colour I liked.



Well, the hype was right, this is a really lovely product!  It applies with a doe foot applicator like a lipgloss but feels smooth and creamy on the lips, a little bit like Collection 2000 Cream Puff but a lot glossier and not dry feeling at all.  On the lips it looks like glossy lipstick, the colour payoff is so good and not wishy-washy like glosses sometimes are.  It also smells like watermelon, but not overpoweringly so, which is a bit of a bonus for me because I love watermelon flavoured things.  It lasts a reasonable amount of time for a lipgloss but if you're planning on wearing it all day or night you'll probably have to reapply it.


The colour range is pretty good too, I've actually been into a shop and seen them all now and I definitely picked the right colour for me in Nova, which is a bubblegum pink that leans slightly towards being cooler toned.  I do fancy one of the coral or other pink ones too even though they're not as much "my" sort of colour.  I'm struggling to find a bad point about these too - they're even fairly reasonably priced at £5.99 too.

 

4 comments:

  1. This shade looks lovely. I am not a fan of lipgloss at all but all the hype and the reasonable price is making me very tempted to buy one of these! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not really a gloss person but this is really nice, it's not like a gloss really.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colour! It doesn't really have a glossy shine that lipglosses tend to have

    Lauren
    Fashionswirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing swatches on everyone's blogs, I've really been trying to resist. Think you may have just pushed me over the edge, Lucy! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...