Tuesday 4 December 2012

Attack of the indies!


Well, I've gone from one extreme to the other and bought three indie polishes. Indie polishes are generally handmade nail polishes that you can't get on the high street. There are some amazing indie polishes out there! I was craving some Lynnderella polishes (especially Stars in Her Eyes or Snow Angel) but unfortunately she doesn't post to the UK.


Here's what I bought to satisfy my cravings:


Strawberry Shortcake (from WonderBeautyProducts)
This is a pale pink polish packed with different sizes of glitter in yellow, dark pink and white.  This is my favourite of the three and has been on my Etsy favourites for ages.  The tiny yellow glitter really makes this polish stand out - it could have easily just been a pale pink glitter with glitter pieces - though they're at their most visible in bright sunlight which we're not getting much of at the minute.

Stardust (from FrankenFrosting)
This is an in your face polish.  It's bright and glittery with turquoise and purple/pink glitter plus silver glitter stars. This can be layered over a polish for a bit of glitter or built up into a polish in its own right.  I love it but I'm not quite sure when I'd wear it as I don't tend to wear a lot of blues really?

New Years Celebration (from FrankenFrosting)
Gold and purple square, hexagonal and circular glitter, very pretty.  But not that unique - I think I probably could have got this elsewhere (maybe Models Own), easy to wear and easy to layer.

All of these are pretty rough and a pest to remove - even a healthy dose of top coat doesn't totally stop the gritty feeling. 

All of these polishes came from the US with a fairly quick delivery time, well packaged and the sellers were all really helpful.  I also spotted this polish on Etsy, which I wish I'd spotted earlier so I could get it in time for Christmas. - snowflake glitter!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh these are so awesome - I've got my eye on SO many indie polishes at the moment! Pretty much in love with Stardust so I may have to snap and order it soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are amazing, can't wait to get my paws on them :)

    Lauren,
    Laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh these all look SO pretty - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing colours, need these in my life xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...