Thursday 15 November 2012

NUDE skincare - NUDE Cellular Renewal Serum, NUDE ProGenius Treatment Oil and NUDE Perfect Cleansing Oil


After a recent bout of terrible skin that I think is probably caused by overusing one of the facial oils that I have subsequently found out is actually full of mineral oil, a cheap 'filler' oil which is a product left over from making petrol.  Mineral oil can make you break out, and isn't great for acne prone skin (which I don't have thankfully).  So, after researching mineral oil I've vowed to be more careful about what I use on my skin to avoid these sore breakouts.

The timing couldn't have been better for me to be sent these items from NUDE skincare for review.  These products are free of parabens, sulphates, PEGs, TEA, DEA, propylene glycol, phthalates, synthetic colour, synthetic fragrance, mineral oils and silicones. I don't even know what half of those are so I obviously need to do some more research.

The packaging on these is very different from what I envisage when I think of a 'natural' brand.  The Perfect Cleansing Oil bottle reminds me a little bit of suncream - but it makes sense as it's an oil cleanser so it means it won't slip out of your hands -  but the ProGenius Treament Oil and Cellular Renewal Serum look a little bit like something from an apothecary or a lab with their dropper bottles.


NUDE Perfect Cleansing Oil (100ml)
I've used this every night to take off all of my make up, including my eye make up and I'm really impressed. You apply it to your skin, add a tiny bit of water to make a milk and then rinse off. I use a cotton pad on my lashes to remove all of my mascara and it works a treat. My skin doesn't feel tight or dry after using this and my skin really feels clean. It doesn't feel like it leaves a residue behind, which pleases me.  It smells really nice too and because of the packaging it isn't messy to use.

NUDE ProGenius Treatment Oil (30ml)
I put this on after I use the cleansing oil.  It feels really light and - odd as this sounds - not really greasy and sat on the top of my skin.  It seems to absorb into the skin really well and quickly which is different to the oils that I've used before.  You don't need to use a lot of this product and again, this smells really nice - a little more herbal than the cleansing oil.

NUDE Cellular Renewal Serum (30ml)
This stuff is lovely, it actually looks to me like it glows when you drop this out of the bottle.  I pop some on on a morning, this is also really light and absorbs really quickly without feeling oily or greasy.  So if you want to put this on on a morning and then get your make up on, it's really not a problem.  You don't need to use a lot of this product either as a little goes a long way.  I feel like my skin looks visibly brighter from using this.

Overall, I'm so impressed with these products!  I've used similar things before and thought they were ok but these are way better and I feel like my skin has improved as a result.  I don't have any more spots, and the dryness around my nose that I often suffer from once the weather gets colder is nowhere to be seen.  I would certainly purchase these products in future, and others from the range (I've read great things about the Miracle Mask).  NUDE skincare is a premium brand so it isn't cheap but I genuinely think that these products are worth it, the quality of the products and the improvement in my skin justifies the price. These products have actually changed the way I view my skincare and I'll be reading more labels in future before I purchase products as I think minimal harsh chemicals is the way to go for my skin.

NUDE Skincare is available from John Lewis, for more information about the brand click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...