Monday 15 October 2012

Lulu's Time Bomb Glory Days Day Cream and Flash Back Night Cream


At 26, I've decided to start using anti ageing products properly - despite the fact that I vividly remember my beauty tutor telling our rather horrified class that skin was classed as mature over the age of 21 (I was 21 at the time and nearly had a breakdown!).  And despite the fact that I keep seeing people my age and younger who are botoxing up...not going to go there at the moment.  I caught sight of my make up free skin in the mirror in natural light the other day and really did think it looked a lot older than it has previously.
 
So when I was asked if I would like to try Lulu's Glory Day Timebomb Day Cream and Night Cream I was really pleased.  I don't have a really strict skincare routine so this has been the perfect opportunity to get into one.  I love the packaging on these - both the box and the container - and I think they look fancy enough to give as a gift (Christmas is not that far away people!). The night cream is in a darker pot than the day cream, which I think is appropriate and shows that a bit of thought has gone into this.  It also makes it easier to pick up the right one if you've just got up!



Both of these creams smell like lavender, which I have to admit isn't a smell I'm wild on, but it's subtle enough that it doesn't bother me.  The day cream definitely has a hint of pearlised brightening cream/shimmer in it (I'm thinking Benefit Moonbeam type of stuff but way less concentrated and a lot more subtle) that just gives a bit more of an awake look after you apply your day moisturiser.  They're both hydrating without feeling greasy and are easily absorbed into the skin too which helps as you don't have to sit around for an hour after applying waiting for it to sink in.  The night cream is certainly richer than the day cream, as you'd expect, but still absorbs easily.

I've been really pleased with how these work and I definitely think the day cream has brightened up my skin and the night cream has worked well to combat the dry skin that seems to start with me soon as the weather goes a little more autumnal.  My boyfriend has been using them a little and he's impressed too!  That goes to show how subtle the pearlescent part of this is, he doesn't look glittery when it's on anyway.

Here's some info about the ingredients for you:


These are really lovely products that I'll certainly keep on using.  They look a lot more expensive than they are and do a really great job.  Both the Glory Days Day Cream and Flash Back Night Cream are available from www.lulusplace.co.uk from £8.00 for 15ml.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to know when most women decide to use anti-ageing products. I was 30 when I decided to start using an eye cream - the little wrinkles can really sneak up on you! Thanks for the review - these products seem lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging looks lovely, you're right it does appear more expensive than it is, I was shocked that it's only £8!

    Stories of an English rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...