Wednesday 15 February 2012

Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel - Vitamin C/Peptide Crystals & Lactic/Salicylic Acid Activating Gel


If you thought Philosophy just did cute novelty bath bubble stuff, think again.  I've tried a few things from their skincare range and I've been really impressed every time, I want to try more!

Described as "a two-step, in-home peel that resurfaces and rejuvenates sun-damaged, hyperpigmented and ageing skin. the kit includes vitamin c/peptide crystals and lactic/salicylic acid activating gel", The Microdelivery Peel claims that it can smooth and resurface skin, minimise the look of fine lines and brighten and even out skin tone.

The Vitamin C/Peptide Crystals are yellow, smell vaguely sweet citrusy and feel gritty without actually feeling like they're scratching your skin.  You massage - not rub, vigorously - this into clean, dry skin for about a minute and then add the activating gel on top which turns white to show it's working and infusing your skin with Vitamin C.  You leave that on your skin for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off thoroughly.

Now, my skin does go pretty red after I use this, and the activating gel does have a warming effect to it - so don't panic if you use this and it happens, it's normal.  Obviously, if it's hurting or itching or anything, take it off your skin, but this isn't something that's happened to me.  I tend to use this once a week on a night when I know I'm staying in, so I'm not bright red when I go out, to be honest any redness subsides pretty quickly though.  I've not experienced any breakouts or sensitivity when using this either.  If you do use this, make sure you read the instructions as there are some recommendations about not tanning for a while after use.

This leaves me with ridiculously smooth, soft skin, much better than anything else I've used and the smoothness lasts.  It really does get rid of any dry skin or bumps, which is an absolute godsend in this weather as I tend to get quite dry skin anyway.  It stops any flaking or dryness being noticeable, and I feel it evens my skin tone out a bit, making me look more awake.  It is expensive (at £55 for the crystals and activating gel together) but you don't use a lot of product each time so it lasts and the results, for me, are good enough that it justifies the price.  I use a rich moisturiser after this as well (currently a Gatineau one) to keep the results going.  I wonder if it would work on my extremely dry elbows?  I might have to try!

Philosophy Microdelivery Peel is available from QVC for £55 (there's also loads of really positive reviews on there as well).

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I came to know your blog, loved, congratulations on your corner and lots of success here!
    I'm following your blog now!

    I invite you to visit my Blog and if you like and can also follow my blog, you will be very welcome, feel at home!

    Oh, there's a translator at the end of my blog, welcome and enjoy!

    Kisses from Brazil

    http://umamulherbemvestida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to try this stuff! xx

    http://my-favourite-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've just ordered this stuff as i had a sample sachet of it. its so good! even my fingertips from when i'd scrubbed it in felt super soft. i really love philosophy products xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well explained. I would like to say that it is very interesting to read your blog.


    ps vita games

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...