Thursday 5 August 2010

Pink Cheetah Minx Toes

As I may have mentioned (ahem) – I’m off on my holidays at the weekend, so I decided this was the perfect opportunity to try out Minx toes. As I have my mani and pedi qualifications, I have a supplier account with the UK distributor of Minx, yay.

These are the results (who’d have thought I’d ever be posting pics of my feet on the internet!):


They’re not perfect, but for a first attempt I don’t think they’re too bad! Minx recommend you do between 10-15 sets before you’re considered practiced enough to know what you’re doing. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating I suppose – Minx is a plastic nail covering applied with heat that can last between 2-6 weeks on toes, however if they’re not applied right, it will be much less! I’ll report back on their longevity and ease of removal after the hol.


I hate my feet and if I’m honest, I’m pretty neglectful of them. In order to get my feet in shape a bit more for summer I used a Ped Egg, Sanctuary Instant Foot Callus Treatment (which is pretty good actually, but I think my feet were a bit far gone for it on its own!), Palmers Cocoa Butter Oil and some cuticle oil, nail file and orange stick for my nails.

I’ve got my eyes on some other Minx designs now:



(pics courtesy of minxnails.com and sweetsquared.com)

There are so many more though - these are just a small selection of my faves! You can get Minx manicures and pedicures in salons for not much more than a normal mani/pedi - have you seen any Minx designs you love?

I haven't scheduled any posts for when I'm away - basically, because I like hearing what everyone has to say! :-) But I'm planning on doing a bit of shopping in Florida so I'm sure I'll pick up a few things when I'm there that I might end up reviewing (hello CVS, Sephora and Mac!). I’ve been quite restrained this year and not gone for lash extensions, loads of waxing etc, though I did get my hair and brows done today. I also have a 15kg case limit which I feel is kind of cruel.

9 comments:

  1. I love that design! Have a fantastic holiday, I'm rather envious at the thought of Sephora! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try minx nails but there is no nail salon in my town.

    & the print looks fantastic honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so pretty... I'm eyeing up the leopard print one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Nice blog you got there :)
    I'm a follower now!

    Maybe you can follow my blog too?
    http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10-15 sets? That seems like a lot of sets, just t get the hang of it? Other than that,..the mani is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It looks amazing :) I love that you've done it in pink as well!

    http://gemmaantonia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing!!!! i love your dress in your profile pic as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! I don't know what I like better--your mani or the shoes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...