Wednesday 24 February 2010

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara - Review

I bought this on my way to work (as well as a milkshake, mmm!) to help me get over the mid-week feeling of despair I felt at 8am this morning - it was on offer and my usual Clinique mascara is about to be used up. I bought it at Superdrug for £5.99. I'd seen some good reviews/pics of this so thought I'd give it a go.

1. Packaging/style
Love the purple and turquoise metallic packaging, the tube was hand-friendly and looked good. The brush is curved and has a slightly thin part just before the brush for flexibility I suppose.

2. Consistency
Very thick and black.

3. Application
Seemed ok but after I'd applied the first coat, because my lashes are so short (seriously, ridiculously short) and the formula is pretty thick I had a LOT of the product on my lash line/eyelid and it looked really messy. Taking off the excess with a cotton bud meant that my lashes all flattened out, not cool.

4. Final look
Horrible! Very clumpy, messy on the lid and just gross. My lashes did look really black though. I did some "before" an "after" pics but they're so horrendous I can't bring myself to put them on here, I look like I've never worn mascara before!

5. Removal
I wanted this off so quickly it was facewiped off, came off reasonably easy but went a bit smudgy during removal (again because I think it's so thick).

6. Verdict
Disappointing....I think I'd give this a 1.5 out of 5. I can't even imagine how clumped it would look over my Shiseido mascara base. I don't think I'll be bothering with this again, though maybe one quick coat in the morning for work would do? But then again maybe not.

It does seem to be the shortness of my lashes that's the major problem though, on girls with longer lashes to start with it looks lovely and really increases the volume and doesn't look as clumped as mine did - maybe because the product is dispersed more evenly?

This has not helped my Wednesday slump! If only you could wear false lashes with lash extensions, that would be my daytime and evening looks sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...