Friday 20 November 2009

Fishtail plaits/braids

I recently taught myself how to do fishtail plait (also known as herringbone braid) and I love it - it's a bit fiddly to get the hang of at first but looks great.

How to:
  1. Start with tangle free hair
  2. Decide where you want your braid to be - down your back/to the side and position hair there (it might help if you put your hair into a ponytail at this point using those clear elastics, you can always remove/cut them at the end if you want them out)
  3. Divide ponytail into two equal sections
  4. Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside left section and add it to the inside part of the right section. Pull it as tightly as you can.
  5. Repeat this until braid is finished Secure with a small band (a clear elastic again should do the trick.

If in doubt, Youtube has plenty of videos that will give you a step by step.

2 comments:

  1. Good post! I have never been able to get the hang of fishtail plaits, I shall be giving it another go now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...